Editor: Amit Bandyopadhyay, Susmita Bose | Hardcover |
The field of additive manufacturing is growing dynamically as the interest is persisting from manufacturing sector, including other sectors as well. Conceptually, additive manufacturing is a way to build parts without using any part-specific tooling or dies from the computer-aided design (CAD) file of the part. Second edition of Additive Manufacturing highlights the latest advancements in the field, taking an application oriented approach. It includes new material on traditional polymer based rapid prototyping technologies, additive manufacturing of metals and alloys including related design issues. Each chapter comes with suggested reading, questions for instructors and PowerPoint slides.
About the Editors Amit Bandyopadhyayis a professor of Mechanical and Materials Engineering at Washington State University (WSU). He has written over 225 technical papers (Citation >3700, “h” index >33) and holds 9 U.S. patents, a Fellow of the American Ceramic Society, ASM International, the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE) and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
Susmita Boseis a professor of mechanical and materials engineering at WSU. She has received the NSF-PECASE award, PACE award from the American Ceramic Society, named a “Kavli Fellow” of the National Academy of Sciences and a Fellow of the American Ceramic Society and the AIMBE. She is an editorial board member of six international journals, and has written over 200 technical papers (Citation >3100, “h” index >30) and holds 1 U.S. patent.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Additive Manufacturing
2. Additive Manufacturing of Polymers
3. Additive Manufacturing Technologies for Polymers and Composites
4. Additive Manufacturing of Metals Using Powder Bed-Based Technologies
5. Deposition Based and Solid-State Additive Manufacturing Technologies for Metals
6. Additive Manufacturing of Ceramics
7. Designing for Additive Manufacturing
8. Multifunctional Printing: Incorporating Electronics into 3D Parts Made by Additive Manufacturing
9. Industrial Implementation of Additive Manufacturing
10. Additive Manufacturing for the Space Industry
11. Bioprinting – Application of Additive Manufacturing in Medicine
12. Composites and Functional Design Using Additive Manufacturing
13. Personalized Implants and Additive Manufacturing
14. Teaching Additive Manufacturing Concepts to Students and Professionals
15. Additive Manufacturing: The Future of Manufacturing in a Flat World
Publisher: CRC Press
Get our new eMagazine delivered to your inbox every month.
Stay in the know on the latest thermal-processing news and information.