What: FREE Webinar
When: On Demand until August 22, 2019
The Microstructure of Ni-Based Superalloys
The webinar will cover the microstructure of cast and wrought Ni-based superalloys plus PM superalloys. Examples of microstructures in various conditions including: as-cast, as-hot worked, as-cold worked, and solution annealed, plus solution annealed and aged will be shown in B&W and with color etchants. The influence of solution annealing temperature on the grain size of superalloys will be illustrated. Various phases that can form in superalloys, such as carbides, delta and Laves phase will be shown. High-magnification images of γʹ and γʹʹ strengthening phases will also be shown.
Results using electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD) on superalloys solution annealed at different solution annealing temperatures to reveal the austenite grain structure will also be shown.
- Specimen preparation and etching (black and white and color)
- As-cast microstructures and Powder Metallurgy microstructures
- Wrought, hot-worked microstructures and solution annealed and then cold-worked microstructures
- Delta phase, Laves, carbides, gamma prime and gamma double prime phases
- Influence of solution annealing temperature on grain growth