Stratasys Ltd. announced a new spin-off company designed to advance innovation of powder-bed fusion (PBF) additive manufacturing. Vulcan Labs’ primary focus is improving the quality, repeatability and efficiency of PBF technology – initially focusing on metals. The company’s solutions will be engineered to meet the complex demands of end-use production applications. Originating from the 2014 acquisition of Harvest Technologies, Vulcan Labs is actively collaborating with application partners to advance technology accessibility.
Based in Belton, Texas, Vulcan Labs’ quality-focused solutions are currently being developed to include:
- Optimized build environments and unique multi-laser scan strategies
- Closed-loop melt pool quality control
- Detailed data logging and integration to the factory floor
- Automated powder handling and in-situ powder quality characterization
- Automated calibration and build set-up capabilities