GKN plc signed a memorandum of understanding with GE Additive, Concept Laser and Arcam AB to collaborate on additive manufacturing (AM). Under the agreement, GKN becomes a GE Additive development and production center and preferred powder supplier, while GE and its affiliated companies will supply additive machines and services to GKN.
As part of the agreement some of the activities will include:
- GKN will become a GE Additive development and production partner for a range of powder-bed and free-form deposition technologies.
- GE Additive and its affiliated companies will become non-exclusive preferred suppliers of AM machines to GKN and its affiliates.
- GKN will collaborate with GE Additive on part development projects on powder-bed machines to enable new market opportunities.
- GKN will become a non-exclusive preferred supplier of powder to GE Additive and GE’s industrial businesses.
- GE Additive’s Engineering Consulting Team will assist GKN and its affiliates with the industrialization of AM machines.
According to GKN, the collaboration can accelerate future developments in AM and meet growing demand across a range of industries. According to GE Additive, additive machines from Concept Laser and Arcam will bring tremendous value to the relationship with GKN.