The Metal Treating Institute (MTI), media partner Industrial Heating and over 30 sponsors are pleased to announce another record-breaking crowd for the Furnaces North America trade show and conference (FNA 2016).
FNA 2016, hosted in Nashville, Tenn., Oct. 3-5 attracted over 1,600 attendees from 17 countries. These attendees had the opportunity to participate in:
- 35 technical sessions
- Keynote address on “peak performance” from nationally recognized speaker Walter Bond
- Business expo featuring over 160 top suppliers
- Two social-networking events
Attendees represented just about every major industry, including automotive, aerospace, military, medical, heavy equipment, tooling and agriculture. Exhibitors, meanwhile, represented every aspect of heat treatment, including furnace equipment, furnace accessories, sensors, controls, combustion equipment, compliance, chemicals, cooling equipment and much more. You name it, and it was in a booth at FNA 2016. Exhibitors and visitors both overwhelmingly stated that FNA 2016 was the best Furnaces North America they have attended since it was founded in 1995.
This year’s show began with a high-energy reception and over 800 guests. It was an exciting event, as opening-night sponsor AFC-Holcroft celebrated its 100th anniversary. FNA 2016 was also excited to have two other title sponsors hosting major events: the trade-show floor reception sponsored by Surface Combustion and the FNA technical conference sponsored by J.L. Becker.
FNA 2016’s technical sessions were more informative than ever with tracks covering the latest in maintenance, emerging technologies in induction/vacuum, materials, audit compliance, plant operations, new processes, heat-treating systems and fire safety.
MTI, during FNA 2016, graduated another 28 executives in its YES Management Training program. These grads join an elite group of 316 executives who have graduated from the YES program in MTI’s 83-year history.
After FNA 2016, MTI handed out several awards at its annual Fall Meeting in Nashville. Winners included:
- Award of Industry Merit – Bill Bernard, Surface Combustion
- Associate Member of the Year – AFC-Holcroft
- Heritage Award – Jeff Uhlenburg, Donovan Heat Treating
- President’s Award – Rich Penrose, California Brazing
- Distinguished Service Award – Bob Hill, Solar Atmospheres of Western PA
- Commercial Heat Treater of the Year – Erie Steel Ltd.
- M. Lance Miller Legend Award – Roger Jones, Solar Atmospheres
FNA 2018 is scheduled for Oct. 8-10 in Indianapolis, Ind. Contact MTI’s office at 904-249-0448 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on FNA 2018.