The Industrial Heating Equipment Association (IHEA) is offering several excellent educational events this fall. IHEA’s mission is to provide services to member companies that will enhance their capabilities to serve end users and improve their business performance. The following events and resources help IHEA achieve that mission.
Once again, IHEA will host two concurrent educational seminars next month. The Combustion Seminar and the Electrotechnologies Seminar will be held Sept. 22-23 at the Hyatt Regency in Greenville, S.C. A joint tabletop exhibition will be held after the first day of class. Attendees can register for the seminar of their choice, with the opportunity to attend the combined expo, which features companies from both Combustion and Electrotechnologies.
45th Annual Combustion Seminar
IHEA’s annual Combustion Seminar is the leading event for industrial process heating professionals. This two-day seminar offers attendees the chance to learn the latest in combustion technology and visit with industry suppliers. It is designed for persons responsible for the operation, design, selection and/or maintenance of fuel-fired industrial process furnaces and ovens. Some of the 18 sessions to be presented include:
· Chemistry and efficiency of combustion
· Types of industrial burners available and how they are applied for efficient operation
· Supply and control of the fuel and air for these systems, including piping design and valve selection
· Flame safety requirements of combustion systems
· Process and ratio controls with exposure to microprocessor equipment
· Furnace pressure controls for operation and efficiency improvements
· Preheated combustion air and furnace recuperators
· Infrared process heating overview and applications
2nd Annual Electrotechnologies Seminar
After a successful inaugural event in 2013, IHEA will once again offer an Electrotechnologies Seminar with a few adjustments to the overall format. It will feature two full days of instruction on the basics and applications of a variety of electrotechnologies. Attendees will hear from experts in the industry on topics including:
· The state of the art for a variety of electrical heating technologies for process heating equipment
· Improving energy intensity in process heating systems with new and more efficient electrical heating technology
· Energy efficiency for process heating and the entire manufacturing plant
· Practical applications and Case Studies
Attendees will also have the opportunity to attend the joint tabletop expo on the first afternoon of the seminar.
Fall Business Conference
IHEA’s 2014 Fall Business Conference will be held on Sept. 23-24 at the Hyatt Regency following the seminars. Attendees will be treated to a special afternoon tour of the BMW plant in Greer, S.C., followed by our afternoon program in the BMW Zentrum auditorium. We will conclude the day with a reception-style dinner in the BMW Zentrum Museum, where members can take in all the cars and motorcycles in the facility. The Fall Business Conference is open to all prospective IHEA members to get a first-hand look at the association.