Metaldyne Completes Sale of Assets
October 19, 2009
Metaldyne Corporation completed the sale of substantially all of its assets to MD Investors Corporation. MD Investors purchased certain assets related to Metaldyne’s Sintered Products, Vibration Controls Products, European Forging Products and Powertrain Products Groups, including its balance shaft module, driveline machining and assembly, and tubular-products operations. In addition, certain chassis-related assets were acquired. The new company will operate under the name Metaldyne, LLC. The following operations were included in the sale:
- Metaldyne’s Sintered Products operations, including North Vernon, Ind.'° Ramos Arizpe, Mexico'° Ridgway, Pa.'° St. Marys, Pa.'° Valencia, Spain'° Indaiatuba, Brazil; and Warren, Mich.
- Metaldyne’s European Forging operations, including Zell, Germany'° Oslavany, Czech Republic; and Nürnberg, Germany
- The Vibration Controls Products plants in Lyon, France; Litchfield, Mich.; Barcelona, Spain'° Halifax, U.K.'° Suzhou, China; and a joint venture in Jamshedpur, India
- The driveline machining and assembly operation in Bluffton, Ind.
- The balance shaft module operations in Pyeongtaek, Korea, and Fremont, Ind.
- The tubular-products operations in Hamburg, Mich.
- The chassis operations in Edon, Ohio'° Barcelona, Spain; and Iztapalapa, Mexico
- Commercial and R&D locations in Plymouth, Mich.; Dieburg, Germany; and Tokyo, Japan