For many heat treaters, the use of oil gives the best value based on a number of factors including:
- Overall performance (cooling rate or quench severity)
- Economics/cost (initial investment, maintenance, upkeep, life)
- Minimization of distortion (quench-system performance)
- Variability (controllable cooling rates)
- Environmental concerns (recycling, waste disposal)
One additional factor – performance over time – should be added to the list since we are always looking for ways to extend the life of our quenchants without sacrificing their performance. Let’s learn more.
WANT TO READ MORE?
SIGN UP TODAY...IT'S FREE!
(and takes less than a minute)